Well this week has been moving fast and furious. First of all Adalyn and Hayden started school again. The prep school follows the same schedule as the Medical school so the kids will be going to school through the summer, they will have a summer camp during june and july where the kids will be mainly outside learning about the environment, playing games and going to the beach. Adalyn is in 2nd grade right now, Hayden has been put into the first grade much to his disappointment, he has had to step out of his comfort zone and learn a lot of new things quickly. He would just be finishing kindergarten back home but now he is basically doing the end of the year 1st grade stuff and will remain in this 1st grade class until we leave. Adalyn will move to third grade after the summer and Carter wanted to do a preschool but he is too old and they wanted him in all day kindergarten as a four year old. So he will just hang out with mom for a while longer. Adalyn and Hayden have lunch the same time as I have a break so we all get to eat as a family on a picnic table by the school or on a covered deck overlooking the ocean. This is the best family time that we get during the day. The kids both love their teachers and will be able to adjust to the school and curriculum. Medical school has been very interesting and a lot of fun. I have found myself studying about 16-17 hours a day. I am currently taking Anatomy, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cell Biology, Histology, Physiology, Doctor Patient and Society, Anatomy lab and a Problem based learning course. Needless to say it is a little intense and I need as much time as possible for studying. Yesterday, I had my first anatomy lab and was able to do the dissection of the back muscles and into the neck muscles. It was a very humbling and interesting experience. First of all, I am very thankful to the people who donate their bodies for this cause as it provides a wonderful experience to learn more about the body, secondly I am amazed at how amazingly created our bodies are. We thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Danielle is working so hard and is trying to manage all of her duties to the best of her ability. We definitely have the most kids of any of the students here and she has double the amount of work without me being able to be around to help much at all. I hope that she can keep up her excellent work as she has the hardest job of everyone here.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
The beginning of school
Well this week has been moving fast and furious. First of all Adalyn and Hayden started school again. The prep school follows the same schedule as the Medical school so the kids will be going to school through the summer, they will have a summer camp during june and july where the kids will be mainly outside learning about the environment, playing games and going to the beach. Adalyn is in 2nd grade right now, Hayden has been put into the first grade much to his disappointment, he has had to step out of his comfort zone and learn a lot of new things quickly. He would just be finishing kindergarten back home but now he is basically doing the end of the year 1st grade stuff and will remain in this 1st grade class until we leave. Adalyn will move to third grade after the summer and Carter wanted to do a preschool but he is too old and they wanted him in all day kindergarten as a four year old. So he will just hang out with mom for a while longer. Adalyn and Hayden have lunch the same time as I have a break so we all get to eat as a family on a picnic table by the school or on a covered deck overlooking the ocean. This is the best family time that we get during the day. The kids both love their teachers and will be able to adjust to the school and curriculum. Medical school has been very interesting and a lot of fun. I have found myself studying about 16-17 hours a day. I am currently taking Anatomy, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cell Biology, Histology, Physiology, Doctor Patient and Society, Anatomy lab and a Problem based learning course. Needless to say it is a little intense and I need as much time as possible for studying. Yesterday, I had my first anatomy lab and was able to do the dissection of the back muscles and into the neck muscles. It was a very humbling and interesting experience. First of all, I am very thankful to the people who donate their bodies for this cause as it provides a wonderful experience to learn more about the body, secondly I am amazed at how amazingly created our bodies are. We thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Danielle is working so hard and is trying to manage all of her duties to the best of her ability. We definitely have the most kids of any of the students here and she has double the amount of work without me being able to be around to help much at all. I hope that she can keep up her excellent work as she has the hardest job of everyone here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My goodness, how big do those iguanas get? So thankful that everyone is settled in school. I know they will do well. Thank goodness for the lunch hour with the kids. Thats probably the best visiting time that you get with them. Thankful for Danielle. She is too cool and such a good mother and wife. Love you all so much. Gram xoxoxoxo
Wow! Sounds like a fun experience with a lot of work! It is great to read updates via your blog. I hope things continue to go well. Take care!
Cory and Danielle, you just make me so proud! You are amazing. I pray you will be blessed, and that you will be able to keep up the pace. Keep this time in perspective with eternity, and it will be just a blink of your life together. I love you both! Hugs and kisses to the kids! Much love, Aunt Julie G.
Post a Comment