Sunday, May 16, 2010





Well our first week of school is officially over and we only have approx. 65 more weeks to go. Just kidding we are not on the countdown at all. On Friday was the white coat ceremony. This is the day that all students who have been admitted into medical school are given a white coat as a symbol of what they are studying to become. It was a great opportunity and reminder of what we are trying to do here on the island. The university has many wonderful professors, and former doctors on their teaching staff. We have former deans of medical schools in the states that are some of our professors. We are blessed to be able to learn from many wonderful instructors. We were able to have a good weekend together as I took a couple of hours off on Saturday to spend some time with the family at the pool. We love everyone and hope that all is well back home. More to come this week....

4 comments:

Pat said...

Hi..I was impressed with your white coat ceremony. I could see you really good. Thankful you didn't pick your nose. Glad you posted these white coat pics. Afterall this is what it is all about. Love you all, Gram

mam & dad said...

Wow! Congratulations, you have all made it this far! I know that it took a lot of effort to get your little family over there and get started on this goal to help your dad become a doctor. I am so proud of you all for the sacrifices you are willing to make. I can't believe we missed the ceremony. Can we see a replay? We think about you constatnly and love and miss you so much! Good luck to all of you as you are all in some sort of steep learning situation!

Love
MOM

alli taggart said...

yay for the white coat!
I love reading your adventures and I am so amazed at everything you guys are doing.

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

We miss you guys and love you so much! Bentley LOVES looking and all the kids on the blog and when we ask him where Ella is he can sometimes say "Meeka" which is fun. We think of you and pray for you every day. We are so proud of all of you!

Love, Bentley, Leslie, Kenny