Saturday, July 10, 2010

What a relief to know what Lilly has! She has a staff infection in her rib. This is serious yet treatable. The doctors were relieved to find this as were we! They put in a pic line yesterday to administer the antibiotics. She will be on antibiotics for 6 weeks. She is as happy as a lark
We are all so grateful. This is strange and really none of the healthcare pros seem to have seen this in a rib like this.
I have to say I think I witness one of the sweetest moments I have ever seen. Last night Ella got to come and visit. It was very late and she was very tired, when she came into the hospital room she was kind of scared and unsure about Lilly( asleep in a hospital crib). At the end of the visit Lilly woke up, the two little sisters were delighted to say the least to see each other. They were caressing each others faces and hugging each other I have never seen this kind of sweet emotion in such tender innocent little ones. It is a moment and feeling I will always treasure.

6 comments:

randi said...

so sweet! i can only imagine how cute that was to see those sisters loving eachother. we're so glad to hear that everything will be ok. take care, and get some rest, and please let us know if you need anything!

Pat said...

thank you, thank you, thank you. We are so blessed that Lilly has a problem that is manageable. Your children are so sweet and loving. I hope that you are doing ok. I know that Cory is like a mother hen without his chicks, but sounds better now that a diagnosis has been made. I'm sure he'll be fine and you take care. We love you...Gram

Jessie said...

YAY! i am SO happy that you know what it is now and it can be treated! i know it is still serious, but you are all still in our prayers. get better soon lilly! :)

Andrea said...

Such a sweet moment! And so glad to hear that it's finally been diagnosed and it's treatable!! Hang in there and please let me know if I can help out AT ALL! <3

Sarah said...

Hi Daniel! I am so happy to her your sweet girl is diagnosed and doing better. You must have been so scared. The island looks beautiful! What an awesome experience for your family. You must be so proud of Cory. The white coat seems to suit him well! He will be a wonderful doctor I am sure of it. I am happy to see pictures of you, you are beautiful as ever! Your little one is in our prayers. Love, sarah

katilanae said...

I have had you guys on my mind the last couple of days and just wanted to drop in and say hi. I sure hope things are continuing to get better for Lilly, what a relief to know they finally figured it out! I'm sure this has been so hard on you guys! Hang in there and know we are here if you ever need anything!